Friday, December 17, 2004

Blame The Parents

There's clearly not enough information in this article to say whether or not Nathan Gale's mother deserves the suffering she is heaping upon herself but this statement makes me think that it's completely justified:
"He came home with the medications, and I don't know if he took them or not," Clark said, refusing to show her face on camera. "I have such remorse for those families, and I am so sorry that they are losing their loved ones."

Aren't parents obligated to look after their kids, even if they are over 18? And especially if they've been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia?
I suppose it's glib of me to say, in hindsight, that a little active parental responsibility might have prevented this, but that doesn't make it any less true. And to add a little schadenfraude to injury, I'm glad her guilty conscience weighs heavily on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home