Monday, November 22, 2004

SEPTA Sucks

One of the cruel, hard facts of living in the Greater Philadelphia Area is that we pay an arm and leg for the worst public transit system in the entire country. SEPTA has a massive fleet of buses, an anemic subway/trolley system and decent railroads. But, SEPTA has a very long history of mismanagement and fiscal problems. The latest crisis threatens to derail weekend service across the board and cut service after 8pm on weekdays.
As a longtime SEPTA customer, I can't say that I'm entirely sympathetic, why, because I'm a longtime SEPTA customer. Only those who have ridden SEPTA will truly understand what a true suck fest it is, customer service is greatly lacking across the board, that I can count on one hand the number of friendly conductors or bus drivers, among other things. Yes, I will be directly affected and may have to alter my lifestyle, (read get my license sooner rather than later), but, I'm feeling inclined to let SEPTA die and hope it gets replaced by something better.
While SEPTA is getting the short shrift from the dedicated funding pie from the state, I highly doubt that increasing state money will lead to a better SEPTA. But, what do I know, I just use the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home