Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Baby Steps

So, roughly 16 years after the first time I got one, I now have my Learner's Permit. Why so long? It was the combination of laziness and no pressing need. Since I lived in Jenkintown as a kid, Philly was just a 20 minute train ride away. And then I moved downtown for college and since everything was either within walking, taxi or SEPTA distance away. Longer journeys were always taken with friends, good friends,(I love you all and will be reciprocating as soon as I am able. :-D) willing to schlepp our lazy asses anywhere, usually. It wasn't until we moved to Glenside that the pressure started to mount, and even then it wasn't until this year that I felt that I was burdening people a little too much. So, thus the permit. Next up: driving lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home