Sunday, October 31, 2004

Boo!

Happy Halloween. Even though it's mostly over, and I've spent the better part of it lying on the couch watching football on TV. (You know, the Great American Pastime.) Anyway, the Eagles ground out another win and are now 7-0 going to Pittsburgh next week, who have slain the giant, New England, and their 21 game winning streak. Doubtless they'll be aiming to do it again this coming Sunday. We'll shall see. I'm most concerned about January and February and as long as the Eagles win all their playoff games, I'm not too particularly concerned about going undefeated in the regular season.
About last night: a bit of a letdown really, we played a decent show, not our best, and the crowd wasn't as into it as they were at Matty's, and it wasn't as packed as it was last year.
We had a religious theme of sorts last night. Shawn came dressed as Jesus; Al, our sound man dressed as a sheperd, so we called him John the Baptist; Jeff dressed in a monk's robe, so we called him Paul; Tom was dressed in weird amalgam of peasant and noble garb, but for many reasons he was Judas ;). Nick was dressed as a Roman noble, though with his beard, he clearly resembled his ancient Greek Ancestors, so he was Pontius Pilate. Me? Well, my original idea was to come as a centurion and I would be Longinus, who, it is rumored, was the centurion who speared Jesus's side to confirm that he was indeed dead. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a centurion outfit in time, so I went with the "Caesar" outfit, and decided to be Caesar Augustus who was Caesar during Christ's life. So, not a specifically mentioned Biblical figure, but close enough. (And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's -- Luke 20:25) There are pictures floating around somewhere, and as soon as I get them or they're posted up somewhere I throw a link up.
Highlights included the birthday girl, I'll call her Missy, flashing the band, and the drummer from Mr. Greengenes giving us a thumbs up. I'm not too sure, but I believe they started life as one of the top Philly area cover bands and are now touring the country with their original music, so maybe there's still hope for my rock star dreams. ;) The final highlight has to be the entertaining antics of the SO of a band member and her friend. If it were anime, I'd call it fanservice, and that's pretty much what it was. For the record Caesar approves. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home