Saturday, December 04, 2004

< sigh > Good Times

So I got a call yesterday from my friend/enabler/The Devil Incarnate Mike O'Hara who wanted to get a head count for the LARP he's planning on running at next week's Philcon. You remember he's the one who inspired me to start this blog. It's supposed to be a reunion for all the Darkness Before Dawn LARP'ers from back in the day. (I can't believe that page is still up, btw.)
Anyway, Mike's started me thinking about the good old days when we were clearly more goth and hung out and partied way, way more than we do now, and plotted the destruction and ruin of other ficitional characters, while paranoid that your own destruction and ruin was lurking around the corner.
You know, good, harmless fun. ;)
I've kinda gotten away from the whole role-playing thing lately, which is a bit of a surprise, since I was always the one who thought I'd still be sitting at a table, rolling dice well into old age, but it's fallen off the interest meter considerably in the last couple of years, as I've been involved in the band and getting immersed in anime and with Yuricon and the yuri comic I'm working on for the next Yuri Monogatari anthology. (Which will get a more detailed post at some point.)
As life tends to ebb and flow much like a river, this is only natural, and I'm sure at some point later on, I'll pick up gaming again and be into it again. But, I was looking forward to Mike's little shindig for one reason really, the chance to see all these cool people I used to see every month, again.
Alas, it does not like I'll get the chance as we've schedule a rehearsal for Friday night, the 10th and have a gig at Matty's on Saturday, the 11th. Which is bummer for another reason, as there is supposed to be an after party/send off for my friend and the guy who brought us all together in first place David Krieger.
So, I'm going to have to find some way of making it down there at some point to at least say goodbye to Dave, and really, Mike went to trouble of casting me as André de Lorde, and while it's stereotyping, it is appropriate. ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Serge! 'Zup yo! I do hope you can make it to the party - but at least we'll be able to keep in touch electronically. -DVK

9:30 AM  
Blogger Serge said...

I may be able to make it Friday night after rehearsal, as I don't think rehearsal is going to take too long. Gigs take up most of the night, between transit, setup, 3 1-hour sets starting at 10pm with a half hour break in between, breakdown and transit back home. I usually end up being gone between 7pm and 3am. It's almost like a job, except that I get to drink beer, play rock and roll and shake my groove thang.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home