Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Buy This!


So, if you'll recall way back in May I finished the art for my first comic. Well, this past weekend at Onna!, the convention that I was helping to run, (I might post about that later.) it finally saw the light of day.
So, after 5 months of not looking at the art or the story, all I really see now are all the mistakes, compromises and shortcuts I had to make, because I didn't manage my time well, or understand the difficulties of this particular art form. Yes, basically, I don't like it anymore, because I think I can do better. It's cliche, but healthy I think for any artist. If I ever reach the point where I think I can't do better, I should probably stop.
Of course, it makes it really weird when people ask me to autograph it, when I'm not really happy with it anymore. Well, that and the fact that people are asking me for my autograph, when I'm not really famous.
Anyway, I encourage you to purchase a copy, not because I get any money for it, I don't, but because by paying for it, you're supporting a small independent publisher, a friend of mine, and a cause near and dear to my heart.
You can purchase directly from the Yuricon site, or you can get it at your local comic shop. If they're not carrying it, have them order through Previews, should be in the latest one. And in January you'll be able to order it through Amazon or your local bookstore.
Here's the ISBN number which should make the ordering process easier: ISBN: 0-9759160-3-3
Oh, one last thing, the book is for sale only for those 18 and older, because, you know, people under 18 can't handle any kind of sexuality and must be protected from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home